One of the indications of infertility is irregular menstrual cycles which makes it hard to know when or if ovulation is occurring. In this case, ovulation induction may be recommended with the use of medication to allow an egg to mature and ovulate, giving a couple better odds in conceiving through timed intercourse and with the help of artificial insemination.
The most commonly used ovulation induction medication at Alpha IVF is clomiphene citrate (oral medication) or daily injections of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
Indications for ovulation induction
Ovulation induction may be the best choice if you:
- Don’t have a regular menstrual cycle
- Your male partner has a healthy semen analysis
- Have healthy fallopian tubes
- Have unexplained infertility
The possible side effects for ovulation induction include:
- May cause hot flushes, mood changes and in rare cases, blurred vision
- Multiple pregnancies due to multiple follicles developing and maturing in a cycle, causing more than one egg to be released during ovulation
Contact us to find out if ovulation induction could help you conceive