One of the indications of infertility is irregular menstrual cycles which makes it hard to know when or if ovulation is occurring. In this case, ovulation induction maybe recommended using medication to allow an egg to mature and ovulate, giving them better odds in achieving a conception through timed intercourse of artificial insemination.
The most commonly used ovulation induction medication used in ALPHA IVF is clomiphene citrate (oral medication) or daily injections of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
Indications for ovulation induction
Ovulation induction may be the best choice if you:
- don’t have a regular cycle
- the male partner has a normal semen analysis
- have healthy tubes
- have unexplained infertility.
- May cause hot flushes, mood changes, and rarely blurred vision.
- Multiple pregnancies due the multiple follicles developing and maturing in a cycle, causing more than one egg may be released in ovulation
Contact us here to find out if ovulation induction could help you fall pregnant